Raha Cycling
please enter your login and password

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Raha Cycling
please enter your login and password
Raha Cycling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Saturday Ride Timings - Spring 2015
Revolution Kit EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 4:42 pm by btberg

» Riding in Abu Dhabi
Revolution Kit EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 7:17 pm by Graham23

» Group Riding Tips - All Riders Must Read This Before Participating
Revolution Kit EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 6:36 pm by Admin

» Fitness Requirements for Riding with the Raha Group
Revolution Kit EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 4:02 pm by Admin

» Details for all rides can be found on our Facebook Page
Revolution Kit EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 1:07 pm by Admin

» Ride Captains Required
Revolution Kit EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 2:37 pm by kevd

» Scott CR1 Pro for sale
Revolution Kit EmptySat Aug 09, 2014 6:35 pm by chrish

» Turbo Trainer
Revolution Kit EmptyThu Jul 24, 2014 8:13 pm by buckleyp7

» Bike Box required - 24-26 July
Revolution Kit EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 7:30 pm by adcooke

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Revolution Kit

+4
arelton
Shedheadarabia
MNSlingerland
Spindoctor
8 posters

Go down

Revolution Kit Empty Revolution Kit

Post  Spindoctor Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:20 am

We are finalising the design, and sponsors right now, but it’s looking good..... Aubs will be drafting what makes up the basic kit, and the ordering requirements. If you have seen the Frankie's guys at Yas the last 2 weeks perhaps you share my desire to have something that unifies us (other than an insane sense of humour!). We need quite a significant first order quantum, so please can you help us by confirming you're in once the kit list is circulated.

We are hoping to use Giordana, and as I am flying back to the UK for 2 months I am going to try and go and see them to hustle things along.

Watch this space.

Spindoctor
Spindoctor

Back to top Go down

Revolution Kit Empty Re: Revolution Kit

Post  MNSlingerland Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:15 pm

I am in for probably: 2 bibs, 4 jerseys.
If Giordana is not going to work out, I suggest to try Assos or any other good quality brand (with some good sizes available, I 'd like be "included" into this!)
MNSlingerland
MNSlingerland

Back to top Go down

Revolution Kit Empty Raha Revolution Kit

Post  Shedheadarabia Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:41 pm

We are pretty sure that we will go with Giodarna which will be designed through the UK, but delivered direct from Italy. I am pretty sure Assos don't do custom designed kit, and if they did it would be very expensive. I wear lots of Giordana and have been pretty impressed with the quality, washability (not sure if that is a word), durability and general fit. Dom is just putting the finishing touches to the design and we are still, I believe, in negotiations with another sponsor?

My first thoughts on cost, availability etc are for the first order we will do a 'summer' kit package which will have a jersey, a pair of bib shorts, a pair of track mitts and maybe 3 pairs of socks. This will be for guys who come out regularly (over 10 times?) and will be available for around (300Dhs?), again a few first thoughts, as I think just giving it out would exhaust the sponsorship money very quickly. If you wanted to order a few jerseys or extra shorts these would be available for maybe (150dhs?), again just a thought.

We need to order 60 items (30 jerseys / 30 shorts) for the first order and 100 pairs of socks. we would then look to order Gillets, arm warmers, bib 3/4's later on in the year before the winter sets in!

Dom is now back in the UK, gardening (!), he would have you believe, smashing the miles in more like, and is going to get some sample sizes sent from the supplier. I have fat boy size and Duncan has some fit bloke sizes in giordana, so you could try it on and get some idea of the sizes you require? This needs to be done in the next few weeks so watch this space.

I would welcome feedback and thoughts on the management of kit and the distribution, so please feel free to post away...

Aubs

Shedheadarabia
Shedheadarabia

Back to top Go down

Post  MNSlingerland Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Management of kit:
-proposal: combine packages of items as suggested by Shedheadarabia but also have single items available for "sale" and have the remainders in boxes to be stored/managed at ones home place. As I am living 200 meters from the roundabout, it could be my place. I even might have a "fitting room " available when it comes to.....fitting.
Let me know your ideas/suggestions please.

Naturally all handed out kit and received money must be listed and handed over to the treasurer/bookkeeper of Raharev. I believe we already have found a volunteer for this position.....
MNSlingerland
MNSlingerland

Back to top Go down

Post  Spindoctor Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:26 am

OK - we have some encouraging noises from the kit supplier today, but we are still chasing the 3rd sponsor. We will need to jump soon, so I thought I would post this taster so you can see it even if its a few weeks away.

So here is a sneaky look:
Revolution Kit 98ejy8

Spindoctor
Spindoctor

Back to top Go down

Post  arelton Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:45 pm

Marty is chasing sponsorship with Volvo, so we might have a 4th sponsor - but we need a group letter/ mission statement if anyone has anytime to draft something?

arelton

Back to top Go down

Post  MNSlingerland Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:50 pm

arelton wrote:Marty is chasing sponsorship with Volvo, so we might have a 4th sponsor - but we need a group letter/ mission statement if anyone has anytime to draft something?

I remeber something about a mission statement, ADmin+SPindoctor: is there something like this available?

cheers
MNSlingerland
MNSlingerland

Back to top Go down

Post  Spindoctor Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Aubs.
The text we have that does this is whats on the home page just below the graphic panel. It was what Wing Co. wrote.

Will this do? If not then perhaps a little expansion by the wordsmith will be needed.
Spindoctor
Spindoctor

Back to top Go down

Post  arelton Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:26 pm

Marty was also talking about possible sponsorship from Radison Blue and Al Futtaim. I have a contact at Etihad I could try, but feel we need to be able to send a mission statement to confirm our identity.... any thoughts?

arelton

Back to top Go down

Post  kevd Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Austin,
I have thrown together a few words that you may be able to tinker with - I am no expert in drafting corporate mission statements so it may be wide of the mark.

Raha Revolution aims to provide a safe, enjoyable and social framework for cycle rides in the Khalifa City A/Yas Island area. Raha Revolution is not a club as such, but brings together a group of like minded individuals who are interested in promoting cycling activity within the local and expat communities. Two structured rides are held each week, with many more ad-hoc rides also taking place. The number of riders in the group is growing as more people start to live off-island and, with a custom-designed cycling kit in the offing, Raha Revolution will form an increasingly distinctive part of the rapidly expanding Abu Dhabi cycle scene.

Will we have room on the kit for al these logos? Very Happy

Rgds
Kev
kevd
kevd

Back to top Go down

Post  watto Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:22 pm

great work guys, etihad $$$'s go through nick cottage - werner may have some influence
watto
watto

Back to top Go down

Post  qr_watson Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi All,
I hope the UAE is not too hot for the rides yet?! I went from my first spin last week here in Aus on my road bike and got completely lost with a new group.. thanks to Duncan though when the pace when North I was respectable to my Abu Dhabi Racing kit but I would be glad to pay the AED300 or whatever the damage is to represent the Raha Revolution here in Brisbane (XL please Aubs).

Stay safe and I am missing the rides and craic boys but great to be home with my little man, what a champion... I am fitting him for his first roadie as we speak... 5 months isn't too early right?

Cheers,

Troy

qr_watson

Back to top Go down

Post  MNSlingerland Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:21 pm

kevd wrote:Austin,
I have thrown together a few words that you may be able to tinker with - I am no expert in drafting corporate mission statements so it may be wide of the mark.

Raha Revolution aims to provide a safe, enjoyable and social framework for cycle rides in the Khalifa City A/Yas Island area. Raha Revolution is not a club as such, but brings together a group of like minded individuals who are interested in promoting cycling activity within the local and expat communities. Two structured rides are held each week, with many more ad-hoc rides also taking place. The number of riders in the group is growing as more people start to live off-island and, with a custom-designed cycling kit in the offing, Raha Revolution will form an increasingly distinctive part of the rapidly expanding Abu Dhabi cycle scene.

Will we have room on the kit for al these logos? Very Happy

Rgds
Kev

Perhaps we can enhance the text to become more attractive for potential sponsors (sell, sell, sell!). Perahps we can say something like:" besides these regular rides we particpate in fundraising events, races and tourrides (e.g. coast to coast, dubai criterium, riding in Oman and Europe) This will generate exposure and publicity for you dear shirtsponsor! (can we please have the money now???). In other words, what will it bring the sponsor when they will sponsor us?

Martin

MNSlingerland
MNSlingerland

Back to top Go down

Post  Spindoctor Sun May 15, 2011 3:43 am

pleased to be able to report that the final order numbers are now with the kit supplier and the cutting pattern has been set
Revolution Kit Zoi2kz
it looks a bit like one of Russ's paper plane kits in this format, but I hope next week we will have a production and indicative shipping date, so will keep you posted

Dom
Spindoctor
Spindoctor

Back to top Go down

Post  Spindoctor Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:32 pm

pre-launch outings - its not just my two sportives in the UK, and Duncan's stealth spin around Yas - it seems the stars are getting in on the act too after bailing out of La Vuelta to collect theirs!

Revolution Kit R1ei3s
Spindoctor
Spindoctor

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael.on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:23 pm

how can i get one of the kits? is it still available? thanks

Michael.on

Back to top Go down

Post  Shedheadarabia Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:26 pm

I have the kit, I will bring whatever I have on tuesday night to yas. What size are you after, you will see from earlier posts it is 500Dhs (shorts (Bib), jersey, 3x socks and mitts). If you would like it before then or cannot make it PM me.

Aubs
Shedheadarabia
Shedheadarabia

Back to top Go down

Post  MNSlingerland Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Pls find the latest information on tonight's venue:

-Kit will be available for distribution starting 17:15 hrs!, bring your money! (AED 500 for a set of shirt, bib, socks 3 pair, mitts)
-Starting at 17:30 hrs the fotoshoot of all rahaRev members dressed in kit starts. Pls show up!!!
-There will be normal cycling on the track between 18:00-20:00 hrs. Sign on procedures apply
-
MNSlingerland
MNSlingerland

Back to top Go down

Post  Shedheadarabia Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:43 am

We have distributed virtually all the kit that was ordered. If you did place an order and have not yet had the opportunity to pick up then please get in touch.

The remaining kit will be listed on this thread and anyone can purchase what is left. This will be on a first come first served basis.

Many thanks for all the positive comments on design and quality of the clothing, it took some time to finalise and get from Italy but I think it was worth the wait. A further order will be placed shortly if you would like to be involved, Giordana do a wide range of kit including women's specific clothing and I believe tri kit (again let me know what you require and I will try to order)

The 'winter' order will also include Gillets, arm warmers and if there is demand 3/4 bottoms (although I only wore mine once last winter). If there are any other requests please let me know. Similarly if there are any improvements we could make with the kit let me know.

Finally, now that we are easily identifiable it is even more important that we behave responsibly when out on the streets of Abu Dhabi, remember that red invariably means stop and gesturing at bad driving isn't a great idea in this region!

Aubs
Shedheadarabia
Shedheadarabia

Back to top Go down

Post  MNSlingerland Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:47 pm

I am interested in the following when it comes to a new order.

WInter collection:
-gillit; 1; L ( I assume)
-arm warmers: 2 : L (if they come in sizes)
-3/4 bottoms:2: XL

-Jersey(the ones we just received): 1 in M and 1 in L (going overseas for our fans)

thanks,
MNSlingerland
MNSlingerland

Back to top Go down

Post  Spindoctor Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:21 pm

Aubs

I am up for a gilet, arm warmers and 3/4 leggings (with a pad) - if there is enough demand then I will work on the design tweaks too, so (all) PM or email me please with any suggestions
Spindoctor
Spindoctor

Back to top Go down

Post  Shedheadarabia Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:19 pm

RAHA REV KIT

I will be at the track tomorrow night before 6 and I will park near to the toilets. I will be in either a silver Nativa 55061 or a Lumina 64362

I have a limited number of jerseys in a few sizes and a few pairs of shorts and Mitts.

Jerseys and Shorts are 200Dhs and Mitts are 50Dhs. What is left is on a 1st come 1st served basis and cash up front.

Aubs
Shedheadarabia
Shedheadarabia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down